To this point, I find QGIS to be the best open source alternative to ESRI’s ArcMap product. So I thought I would pass this along.
A couple features that I like:
- QGIS Browser which should be very familiar to those who’ve used ArcGIS Catalog.
- DBManager which is now no longer a plugin. I’m a big users of it so this should be very nice.
- New plugin repository! I’m always amazed at how many plugins there are available.
- Microsoft SQL Server support.
- Expression based labeling (YES!)
- support for Zip/GZip layers
I’ve already downloaded mine from KyngChaos.