I got this from a vendor and wanted to pass along…
VoyagerGIS is small software startup that is combining modern, high-speed, high-accuracy and resource-efficient web search technologies with geospatial data and maps.We are looking for a passionate individual who can help us create value for our customers by working in a testing, quality assurance, documentation and technical support role.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the software design, development and release processes as well as becoming part of the glue that keeps a small, agile software company successful.
The ideal candidate should be tired of traditional instruction-following work; work where you’re told exactly what to do.We’re looking for a creative person who can invent, lead, connect with others, make things happen and create order out of chaos. As a team we are geographically distributed (Los Angeles / San Francisco / New York) and have 9-to-5 office job a long time ago.You’ll need to be comfortable exchanging information digitally and attending occasional meetings – in person and virtually.Our company is growing quickly, so this role offers plenty of opportunity to advance.
- Become our most knowledgeable software user; use this to ensure that our quality is constantly improving and that we are aware of its weaknesses
- Track and report bugs in the software and user enhancement requests to management and report on the progress resolving these issues
- Help prioritize development activities based on knowledge of the users and severity of any issues
- Develop and maintain manual and automated testing processes
- Advocate for software and system changes that will improve the solution
- Develop, maintain and improve user documentation
- Enhance and then maintain demonstration data-sets
- Work with customers to make sure their systems works properly
Ideal Candidates will be:
- Self starters
- Good communicators
- Quick learners
- Detail oriented
- Familiar with ESRI software and comfortable using it
- Familiar with JUnit, NUnit, and Selenium
- Familiar with issue tracking systems such as Trac
- Articulate and have strong written communication skills
- Be self-managed and organized
If you’d like to discuss opportunities, regardless of your exact technical qualifications, please contact us at jobs@VoyagerGIS.com