Wednesday, November 18th, 2015
9:00am to 3:00pm
Los Angeles County Grand Park, Olive Court
200 N. Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
This year’s event is titled Mapping for a Better LA. The event is designed for the public, government employees, and students to:
- Show how county and city governments use GIS to make better decisions;
- learn about opportunities for studying GIS at local universities and colleges;
- and discover how this technology is affecting our daily lives.
GIS Day will showcase more than 50 agencies, and include lectures, demonstrations, a map gallery, games, GIS Day cake, prizes, and activities focused on showing what we are doing with GIS.
There are two ways to join in the fun, as an Attendee or Participant.
You do not need to register to attend this event, you may simply come and enjoy.
You may want to reserve a booth for your organization, conduct a presentation, or post a map for the gallery.
We are actively soliciting your abstracts, speakers, and maps for the map gallery. You may register for that and/or a booth here: http://egis3.lacounty.gov/eGIS/gisday/gis-day-registration-form/
More information about the event is posted online:
- For general information, see: http://gis.lacounty.gov/gisday.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): http://egis3.lacounty.gov/eGIS/gisday/frequently-asked-questions-faq/
- Photos from last years’ event: http://egis3.lacounty.gov/eGIS/gisday/gis-day-pictures/gis-day-2014-pictures/
For questions about the day, don’t hesitate to contact me or the County’s Geographic Information Officer, Mark Greninger (firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com).