The Los Angeles County Countywide Address Management System (CAMS) is a system designed to enhance the County’s efforts to maintain address information in the County. CAMS was created to redesign and expand an earlier address data model to support a wider variety of location information, including address points and landmarks, that better meets the County’s needs and more accurately represents the real world. CAMS provides:
- Full support for distributed, multi-user editing of CAMS data,
- Editing by other departments, cities, and agencies in the County,
- Wider interdepartmental maintenance and usage of CAMS street centerline and address data as a shared resource, and consequently
- Integration of many redundant data sets and work flows that exist throughout the County.
If you wish to install the application, click on this link: http://egisdbp1.isd.lacounty.gov/cams/. You must be a member of the CAMS consortium to update the data.
CAMS Online is a lightweight version of CAMS that is available to view address information and create work orders. It is currently only available to County staff, but we will make it publicly available soon.
CAMS was setup by several County departments with the project lead being the Registrar Recorder/County Clerk (RRCC). RRCC is now responsible for maintenance of the system while a steering committee works to guide the system along and to get wider adoption from more County departments and other cities/agencies in Los Angeles County. Here is more background information on the CAMS project including goals, objectives and the project charter:
- CAMS Goals and Objectives – PDF (from ITF Grant – 2005)
- CAMS Project Charter – PDF (draft – May 2009)
- Gallery (screenshots of CAMS and CAMS online) – coming soon
|County Departments||Cities & Agencies|
CAMS Documents Website:
More documents related to the system and functional requirements of CAMS can be found on the CAMS Documents website. Once you click on the link to the CAMS Documents Website, it will ask you for a username and password. Type in the following:
Registrar/Recorder County Clerk
Chief Information Office (Geographic Information Officer)