This month’s eGIS Committee is one week earlier than normal due to scheduling conflicts at DPW.
Agenda is attached here: May 2013_0514.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda
- Updates from the GIS Data Committee
- Updates from the Mobile Committee
- CAMS Data Update
- GIS Positions update
The eGIS Group will provide information about the virtualization of the eGIS Repository as well as the future migration to ArcGIS 10.1, and Douglas Morales will showcase some work he did with Data Driven Pages and Python Scripting.
Hello – please find a draft agenda for next week’s eGIS Commitee meeting. I will be at CalGIS in Long Beach so Marianne Jeffers from DPW or Nick Franchino from DRP will lead the meeting.
Agenda: April – 2013_0416.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda
On the agenda:
- We will get an update from the GIS Data COmmitee, which has made good progress,
- Tom Weisenberger will demonstrate the editing capabilities in the Essentials product
- Carrie Wiley will provide an update on the Mobile Commitee
- ISD will provide an update and information about the planned virtualization of the main GIS Repository as well as the upcoming migration to ArcGIS Server 10.1 in our production environment.
The Los Angeles Regional GIS will serve as a forum for local and regional government agencies to collaborate and share information, ideas, strategies, best practices, and solutions and form partnerships with educational institutions, and State and Federal agencies regarding the implementation and management of GIS in Los Angeles County.
If you are part of a government agency at any level, educational institution, or other group supporting the public mission, you are encouraged to attend to make connections and help move our region’s GIS forward.
Our NEXT Meeting will be:
April 25th, 2013
For more information, see the Regional GIS Forum Page
The meeting agenda for tomorrow’s meeting is attached here: March – 2013_0319.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda
Looks like a very informative meeting, which will include:
- Some updates on new functionality available as part of the newest Geocortex Releases, including;
- Batch Geocoding
- Dynamic Symbolization
- A discussion of the value of acquiring business and residential location data from vendors
- A discussion based upon the last meeting of the GIS Data Committe that focused on GIS Data Management and how we ensure that we maintain the following things:
- A current list of data in our repository,
- Knowledge that it is up to date, authoritative, and accuracy,
- Simple ways to access that information,
- Notifications to a broad audience when things change,
- A Discussion of Preferred Technologies for GIS: CIO Preferred Technologies for Geographic Information Systems – 201303
- Based upon the current IT Standards for the County: Enterprise IT Standards 2012
- The re-launch of the Mobile GIS committee under this model (Carrie Wiley from DPW will be our leader)
- And last, but certainly not least, a demonstration of a new type of Geographic Data – GIS-integrated Street View Data (there are a number of vendors that provide this so this is an introduction to this type of information only).
See you tomorrow!
Please find the agenda for today’s eGIS Steering Committee here: February – 2013_0219.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda
On today’s agenda:
- A discussion of the implemented monitoring tool for eGIS systems (click here to check it out)
- A discussion of the State Geocoding Standards and whether we should implement something like that in LA County
- A status update on the GIS environment’s transition to the virtual environment and ArcGIS Server 10.1
Please find tomorrow’s eGIS Committee Meeting Agenda attached.
January – 2013_0115.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda (pdf file)
We will be discussing
- an update on the GIS Classifications/Reclassifications
- A discussion of the Board Approved Reporting Areas (BARAs) or Communities
We will also have a presentation from Javier Aguilar from SCAG about the GIS Services that SCAG provides for free, and how the County could leverage them.
Please find tomorrow’s agenda attached: December – 2012_1219.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda
For tomorrow’s meeting, I will be discussing the Countywide GIS Strategic Plan document: Enterprise GIS Strategic Plan – Final Draft – 2012_1219. Please review and bring any questions you have. We will approve it at our January meeting (hopefully).
As well, will recap GIS Day, and be discussing the new Pictometry Online GIS Uploader tool for GIS Adminstrators.
And last but not least the eGIS team will provide information about the parcel update process as well as their roadmap for virtua
Please find tomorrow’s meeting agenda attached. October – 2012_1016.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda
We will be focusing a lot of our time on the upcoming GIS Day event (http://gis.lacounty.gov/gisday), but will also spend some time on:
If we have time we can discuss ArcGIS Online as well!
See you tomorrow
Please find the agenda for today’s eGIS Committee Meeting attached: September – 2012_0918.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda
As well, here is the current draft of the LA County GIS Strategic Plan for your review:
Enterprise GIS Strategic Plan – Update September 6 2012 (pdf file)
If you attend, I will be handing out GIS Day 2 Gb Thumb drives – so plan on attending!
The agenda for tomorrow’s LA County eGIS Steering Committee is attached here: August – 2012_0821.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda (pdf file)
We’ll be discussing GIS Day (see http://gis.lacounty.gov/gisday)
Important!! Our GIS Directives are in final draft form. Upon approval by the committee, we will be submitting to the CIO Council for adoption
Please review and bring any comments. There are some changes to the GIS Infrastructure document that I will discuss.
We also released a new set of city boundaries and updated our cached maps. Thanks to DPW for that: (see the announcement here: City and county Boundary Changes