We have a very full agenda (May – 20110517.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda.pdf) for the upcoming eGIS Committee Meeting, so this will be a full 2 hours – 1:30 – 3:30 pm. Note that the room has changed – it will be at the DPW 12th floor executive conference room.
A first item of business will be to vote on our slogan for our upcoming GIS Day (November 17th, 2011). We have a number of entries already, but I would like everyone to think of new ideas! Here are some initial ideas:
- Improving LA County Government Services through GIS
- GIS – Elevating the Efficiency of LA County Government
- GIS – Driving the Efficiency of LA County Government
- GIS – The fabric of LA County
Here is an initial draft of our “save the date” flyer: GIS day 2011 Save the date.pdf
I look forward to two demonstrations:
- A demonstration from Mental Health on their DMH Mental Health Professional Shortage Area (MHPSA) Tool by Rachael Gannon and Matthew Wells
- A discussion of the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) from Drew Decker from the US Geological Survey. I recently downloaded and loaded NHD data for LA County on the County data portal here: http://egis3.lacounty.gov/dataportal/?p=1972
We will also have updates from the Emergency Response GIS Committee, the land types and LMS project, the ESRI community map (click here for a recent post on viewing this), among others.
See you next Tuesday!