Please find tomorrow’s meeting agenda attached. October – 2012_1016.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda
We will be focusing a lot of our time on the upcoming GIS Day event (http://gis.lacounty.gov/gisday), but will also spend some time on:
If we have time we can discuss ArcGIS Online as well!
See you tomorrow
The agenda for tomorrow’s LA County eGIS Steering Committee is attached here: August – 2012_0821.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda (pdf file)
We’ll be discussing GIS Day (see http://gis.lacounty.gov/gisday)
Important!! Our GIS Directives are in final draft form. Upon approval by the committee, we will be submitting to the CIO Council for adoption
Please review and bring any comments. There are some changes to the GIS Infrastructure document that I will discuss.
We also released a new set of city boundaries and updated our cached maps. Thanks to DPW for that: (see the announcement here: City and county Boundary Changes
Please find the agenda for tomorrow’s meeting attached: April eGIS meeting notice and Agenda (.pdf file).
We will have updates on LAR-IAC3, the Strategic Plan, a demonstration of a new application for Agriculture Weights and Measures, as well as continued discussion of our draft policies.
See you tomorrow!
The Meeting Agenda for our Steering Committee is attached: March – 2012_0320.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda.pdf
I have invited Source Graphics to present information about the newest plotters from HP, their new features, as well as details of a trade-in program that can reduce the cost for replacing your existing plotters. I’ve also asked them to showcase some of the 3D printers that are out on the market to get more details about them. This will be informational only so that you can get an idea of what’s coming and what is out there!
Along with our regular GIS Updates, Regional Planning will demonstrate a new application they have created for Agricultural Commissioner/Weights and Measures, and the eGIS Team will provide some updates about the infrastructure, including a strategic view of the development environment they are building for County departments.
There has been a lot of work recently on two fronts:
- The Strategic Planning Sub-committee has begun work on an update to the current Strategic Plan. I am attaching the current version with all of the gory editing details for your interest and comment. This is an important initiative since it codifies our goals for the next few years – it’s the thinking of GIS leaders about what we need to do to make GIS successful and useful in the County. Enterprise GIS Strategic Plan – with CIO, DPW, ISD edits (pdf file).
- The draft policies and directives. Based upon feedback from departments, I have made a number of changes to the drafts that were presented last month. Here are the updated versions (again with all of the gory details so you can see exactly what has changed. I have changed two of them from suggested board policies to CEO directives, since they tie to other countywide policies rather than being a stand-alone board policy.
If we have remaining time there are a couple of tips I’d like to show.
Here is the agenda for tomorrow’s eGIS Meeting: October – 20111018.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda (.pdf file).
It’s a full agenda, but I wanted to highlight the following items:
- GIS Day - this is our last eGIS Committee meeting before GIS. We’ll need help with the following from County staff
- Getting the word out to get as many people to the event as possible.
- Signing up to help with event coordination – manning the GIS Day information booth, supporting the technical workshops, and the map gallery. Each department should commit staff time to help out. We’ll be passing around a volunteer sign-up sheet.
- Free GIS Training from the eGIS Team
- Services Locator 2.0 and Location Management
- We have discussed this in the past, but a new version of the County Services will be going into production in the next month. The Location Management System (http://gis.lacounty.gov/lms) is the updating system for that application, which also feeds the County’s Enterprise GIS systems. We are developing the oversight and management of this data, so I want everyone to be aware of this effort.
See everyone tomorrow!
The agenda for today’s meeting is attached.
September eGIS meeting notice and Agenda.pdf