This month’s eGIS Committee is one week earlier than normal due to scheduling conflicts at DPW.
Agenda is attached here: May 2013_0514.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda
- Updates from the GIS Data Committee
- Updates from the Mobile Committee
- CAMS Data Update
- GIS Positions update
The eGIS Group will provide information about the virtualization of the eGIS Repository as well as the future migration to ArcGIS 10.1, and Douglas Morales will showcase some work he did with Data Driven Pages and Python Scripting.
Hello – please find a draft agenda for next week’s eGIS Commitee meeting. I will be at CalGIS in Long Beach so Marianne Jeffers from DPW or Nick Franchino from DRP will lead the meeting.
Agenda: April – 2013_0416.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda
On the agenda:
- We will get an update from the GIS Data COmmitee, which has made good progress,
- Tom Weisenberger will demonstrate the editing capabilities in the Essentials product
- Carrie Wiley will provide an update on the Mobile Commitee
- ISD will provide an update and information about the planned virtualization of the main GIS Repository as well as the upcoming migration to ArcGIS Server 10.1 in our production environment.
The meeting agenda for tomorrow’s meeting is attached here: March – 2013_0319.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda
Looks like a very informative meeting, which will include:
- Some updates on new functionality available as part of the newest Geocortex Releases, including;
- Batch Geocoding
- Dynamic Symbolization
- A discussion of the value of acquiring business and residential location data from vendors
- A discussion based upon the last meeting of the GIS Data Committe that focused on GIS Data Management and how we ensure that we maintain the following things:
- A current list of data in our repository,
- Knowledge that it is up to date, authoritative, and accuracy,
- Simple ways to access that information,
- Notifications to a broad audience when things change,
- A Discussion of Preferred Technologies for GIS: CIO Preferred Technologies for Geographic Information Systems – 201303
- Based upon the current IT Standards for the County: Enterprise IT Standards 2012
- The re-launch of the Mobile GIS committee under this model (Carrie Wiley from DPW will be our leader)
- And last, but certainly not least, a demonstration of a new type of Geographic Data – GIS-integrated Street View Data (there are a number of vendors that provide this so this is an introduction to this type of information only).
See you tomorrow!
Please find the agenda for today’s eGIS Steering Committee here: February – 2013_0219.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda
On today’s agenda:
- A discussion of the implemented monitoring tool for eGIS systems (click here to check it out)
- A discussion of the State Geocoding Standards and whether we should implement something like that in LA County
- A status update on the GIS environment’s transition to the virtual environment and ArcGIS Server 10.1
Please find tomorrow’s eGIS Committee Meeting Agenda attached.
January – 2013_0115.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda (pdf file)
We will be discussing
- an update on the GIS Classifications/Reclassifications
- A discussion of the Board Approved Reporting Areas (BARAs) or Communities
We will also have a presentation from Javier Aguilar from SCAG about the GIS Services that SCAG provides for free, and how the County could leverage them.
Please find tomorrow’s agenda attached: December – 2012_1219.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda
For tomorrow’s meeting, I will be discussing the Countywide GIS Strategic Plan document: Enterprise GIS Strategic Plan – Final Draft – 2012_1219. Please review and bring any questions you have. We will approve it at our January meeting (hopefully).
As well, will recap GIS Day, and be discussing the new Pictometry Online GIS Uploader tool for GIS Adminstrators.
And last but not least the eGIS team will provide information about the parcel update process as well as their roadmap for virtua
Please find the agenda for today’s eGIS Committee Meeting attached: September – 2012_0918.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda
As well, here is the current draft of the LA County GIS Strategic Plan for your review:
Enterprise GIS Strategic Plan – Update September 6 2012 (pdf file)
If you attend, I will be handing out GIS Day 2 Gb Thumb drives – so plan on attending!
Please find the agenda for June’s eGIS Committee Meeting. The meeting is Tuesday, June 19th. This meeting will focus on the new Countywide GIS Classfications that were adopted on May 15th, 2012. Susan Curran from the CEO will be able to provide more information as we move toward the final specifications.
June – 2012_0619.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda (.pdf file)
Meeting Items of note:
- GIS updates, including GIS Day 2012
- GIS Policies review. I have attached updates to the three policies:
- Demonstration of the USGS Hazard Data Distribution System from Drew Decker of the USGS
- Update on the GIS Classifications
See you tomorrow!
Please find the agenda for tomorrow’s LA County eGIS Committee Meeting attached here: May – 2012_0515.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda (pdf file)
The GIS classifications will be in front of the Board of Supervisors tomorrow. It was held from two weeks ago due to unrelated issues, so let’s hope it passes tomorrow. Unfortunately that does not give me or the CEO enough time to prepare to discuss the classifications tomorrow, so we will need to postpone until next month’s meeting.
Discussion items for tomorrow
The Meeting Agenda for our Steering Committee is attached: March – 2012_0320.eGIS meeting notice and Agenda.pdf
I have invited Source Graphics to present information about the newest plotters from HP, their new features, as well as details of a trade-in program that can reduce the cost for replacing your existing plotters. I’ve also asked them to showcase some of the 3D printers that are out on the market to get more details about them. This will be informational only so that you can get an idea of what’s coming and what is out there!
Along with our regular GIS Updates, Regional Planning will demonstrate a new application they have created for Agricultural Commissioner/Weights and Measures, and the eGIS Team will provide some updates about the infrastructure, including a strategic view of the development environment they are building for County departments.
There has been a lot of work recently on two fronts:
- The Strategic Planning Sub-committee has begun work on an update to the current Strategic Plan. I am attaching the current version with all of the gory editing details for your interest and comment. This is an important initiative since it codifies our goals for the next few years – it’s the thinking of GIS leaders about what we need to do to make GIS successful and useful in the County. Enterprise GIS Strategic Plan – with CIO, DPW, ISD edits (pdf file).
- The draft policies and directives. Based upon feedback from departments, I have made a number of changes to the drafts that were presented last month. Here are the updated versions (again with all of the gory details so you can see exactly what has changed. I have changed two of them from suggested board policies to CEO directives, since they tie to other countywide policies rather than being a stand-alone board policy.
If we have remaining time there are a couple of tips I’d like to show.