I wanted to pass along the great presentation from Todd Zagurski of Regional Planning. Todd is is the project lead for creating a new, parcel accurate ZIP code layer for the County, and gave a status update and discussed the creation process. Today’s presentation was impacted by the bad quality of the projector, and the information that was contained in the map slides that folks couldn’t see provides useful information. I wanted to provide it as soon as possible.
This new zipcode data will be crucial for improving a number of capabilities, including:
- Better cartographic representation of zipcodes;
- Address Management for both street centerlines and address points;
- Parcel attributing to reduce errors in countywide mailings (the Assessor, for example);
- Community Boundary delineation;
- Accuracy of demographic and many different kinds of reporting;
The data, once complete, will be publicly available.
Link to the Powerpoint Presentation: as a PDF – click here