The Enterprise GIS Steering Committee oversees the development of GIS as a ubiquitous county Resource. These pages communicate the work of the Los Angeles County Enterprise GIS Steering Committee. To access committee information and relevant documents, including:
- The Committee Charter;
- Meeting notices, agendas, and minutes;
- Data Repository List Development;
- Enterprise Repository design documents;
- Source documents.
In 2001, the Chief Information Office commissioned a “Countywide GIS Assessment” which was delivered in January 2002. This assessment reported that:
- All county departments have an interest in GIS;
- Access to data is the single biggest issue facing departments;
- Creating and maintaining a GIS environment and access to good technical resources are other issues that inhibit departments from using GIS;
- Access to data, technical resources, and a GIS ready environment could significantly boost productivity within over 75% of the departments.