You have two methods to leverage the Countywide Services Locator.
- Pass a parameter to the main site: http://maps.lacounty.gov
- Embed the application within your sites: http://maps.lacounty.gov/SL_Body.aspx
There are three different parameters that you can pass:
- address_string – this is where you pass the address that you want to show (complete address, city, or zipcode)
- Cat1 – where you select the primary category (the tab) that you want to show
- Cat2 – you can open the specified category2 (the relevant cat1 tab will also open
As an example, I want to find all of the Safe Havens near zip code 90012.
The iFrame would look like this: <iframe src=”http://maps.lacounty.gov/SL_Body.aspx?address_string=90012&cat2=Safe+Havens” height=”1000″ width=”99%” frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″></iframe>
Here is what it looks like: